Nea Plagia is a large village situated on the beginning of peninsula Kassandra in Halkidiki. It belongs to the municipality of Nea Propontida region of Central Macedonia. The village is 35 km from "Macedonia" airport of Thessaloniki, 48 km from the center of Thessaloniki, 10 km from Nea Moudania and 15 kilometers from the famous Cave in Petralona. The area has been inhabited since prehistoric times, as seen from the mound, where settlements were situated at that time. The inhabitants are refugees, coming from Plagia located then to Eastern Thrace.
They came and settled in the place where they are today after 1922. Historic sights include the 18th-century bridge, located in the stream of the settlement Nea Tenedos. The bridge is believed to be built by the monks of the shareholders of Vatopedi in Nea Triglia and Russian equities in Nea Flogita or monastery of Zografou in the village. After the rains about a decade ago, largely destroyed and today there are efforts of restoration.